Gönderen Konu: an important similarity between Turkish and Finnish Shamanism !  (Okunma sayısı 5685 defa)

0 Üye ve 1 Ziyaretçi konuyu incelemekte.

Çevrimdışı Altay-Turan

• Yasakli
  • Türkçü-Turancı
  • İleti: 150
  • Last Seljuk
“In Karelia it was believed that a bird brings the soul to a newborn baby, and that the same bird takes the soul with it when person dies. This soul-carrying bird was called sielulintu, "soul-bird". In some traditions people carried artifacts depicting their sielulintu. Sielulintu was believed to guard their souls while they slept. After the person died, the artifact-bird was inserted to sit on the cross at the person's grave. Such crosses with soul birds still exist in graveyards in Karelia. This is one example how Pagan beliefs still exist hundreds of years after the Chistianization of the Finnish people.”
Source: wikipédia

Andas,
I found this important  similarity between Turkish and Finnish Paganism. Actually, as told the Finnic people, among Turks, when a respected or beloved person dies, people say “he became a bird (his soul) and flew off”.
For instance, a few months ago, when a Turkish soldier dead in the war against the pkk’s monkeys, the mother of the brave guy said “everybody tells me that my son didn’t die, he became a bird and flew off”. This quote is really spread among Turks. My grandmother used this phrase by calling up the death a newborn baby!

I remember that when I was reading an article about Babur Shah, the glorious emperor of the rich Indian sub-continent. He was really a Turanist, he told “any territory which has been run by Turks at any time of the History should be considered as being part of their patrimony”!
This great Leader told about his grandfather (son of Tamerlane) and father, when he referred to their death, “they become gyrfalcons”.

In spite of the centuries and thousands of kilometers which separate Turks from Finns, we can still and always see this nice ancient similarity!

In Turkish the phrase is "Kus oldu uçtu".

TTK
May Tengri Protect the Turk!
Swords shine, Wolves guide,
Our horses were our brothers.
We destroyed together legions of Rome
We invaded Anatolia, we called it home

Our Culture is nature,
Our Religion is Sky.

Çevrimdışı Marka Ragnos

• Türkçü-Turancı
  • İleti: 127
  • Kuolema juutalaisille!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_Jay

I remember that bird very well. Propably that myth means that bird. It lives in forests and is not tamed but still it is very friendly to people and here people left some food for that bird.

Even if my family is christian or atheists (I am Shamanists) they told me that this bird is living ancestor.

Çevrimdışı Altay-Turan

• Yasakli
  • Türkçü-Turancı
  • Last Seljuk
here people left some food for that bird.

Ottomans used to do the same with wolves. In fact, during Winter they let meat at the mountains so as to avoid a wolf attack in the villages of the same area. Even if the reason was not the worth of that totem animal, I think it was quite nice.

Shamanism pays a great attention to Nature and Sky.

"Tengri created the world, the Nature and the human, and above the human, he created the Turk". quote from the Orkhon steles.

TTK

Our Culture is nature,
Our Religion is Sky.

ilteris9

• Ziyaretçi
Anda, that is not a correct translation. The correct form is "The God [first] created the Hard Earth and the Blue Sky, and between them, created the Human Being. He than sent my ancestors Bumïn Qaġan and Istämi Qaġan to rule."

Çevrimdışı Altay-Turan

• Yasakli
  • Türkçü-Turancı
  • Last Seljuk
Anda,
It was an approximate translation, I didn't remember precisely when I was writing my post :) The idea was the same and the translation not so bad. Anyway, nice to see you to be vigilant to my mistake, thanks a lot.

Our Culture is nature,
Our Religion is Sky.